Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Typical Kalispell

I made the mistake last weekend that everyone who lives in Kalispell, MT knows not to do. I washed my car.

The weather has been unusually nice and warm, and since it was in the 50's, I guess I got caught up in the spring fever that everyone else seems to be enjoying. Well, just to be typical Kalispell, and shove my mistake in my face, we woke up this morning to this:

(Pic by me on my phone)

Yep, that is snow. About 2-3 inches of it too. It won't last, but I also don't think that is will be the last. We normally get at least one snow in April too.

Because of the typical Kalispell weather, our outside wedding months are limited. I wrote earlier about how we came to the decision to get married on the date we are, and one of those reasons is the weather. Let me give you a break down of typical Kalispell weather:

  • January, February, March: Snow, mushy when it rains
    • Wedding would have to be inside
  • April: Possible snow, lots of rain, pretty mushy out, starting to get a little sunny though
    • Wedding may possibly be outside, most likely wouldn't happen, so must have a backup plan
  • May, June: Sunny but cool. Teases you with thoughts of summer
    • Outside could be possible, would still be crazy to not have a backup plan though, just in case
  • July: Always rains on the 4th, after that it starts to get hot
    • Good time for outside wedding (as long as its not around the 4th!)
  • August: Smokey from all the forest fires, hot
    • Outside weddings will be hot, and your guests may not be able to breath from all the smoke
  • September: Warm
    • Good time for outside wedding. Not too hot, not too cold, smoke normally gone (I may be a little biased here!)
  • October: Rainy. Expect rain or snow on Halloween
    • May be able to pull of outside wedding earlier in the month, but would have to have backup plan and start in the afternoon (nights get COLD!)
  • November, December: Cold, rainy, snowy
    • Wedding needs to be inside
What is the typical weather like in your area? What months are best for an outside wedding?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! You guys had like 60 degree weather a day ago! I'll send some spring weather up your way via my thoughts! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Typical Kalispell!!!! Thanks! It won't be long until we are down there basking in the sun with you guys :)

    ReplyDelete