Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Inspiration

I have a confession. I have yet to put an inspiration board together for our wedding. There, I said it. I have a lot of ideas in my head, and have attempted one or two boards, but my attempts end up just that, attempts, with no outcome. I have these pictures in my head, but when I try to put them all together, I just can't do it!

So the other day, I was talking with BM D about wedding inspiration boards. I asked her what she always invisioned my wedding to be like. Well, she made an inspiration board for it! And she couldn't have put together a more perfect board for me. While it isn't the wedding we are having, it describes me to a tee.

Since BM D put a board together for what she saw for my wedding, I thought I would do the same for hers. The only thing, as I stated earlier, I can't put an inspiration board together! So, I have opted to just describe it and provide pictures! Here is how I invision my sister's wedding.

I picture a very small, intimate wedding in the evening starting at like 7 or so, and be lit up by tons of tealight candles and white Christmas lights. Loews Lake, Las Vegas, at Lake Las Vegas would be the perfect setting:


She would wear a very flattering, simple dress, much like these:



She would accesories with pearls:


Even adding a nice little pearl detail to the invites:


And the cupcakes:


Sticking with pearl as one of her colors, she would add another light color, like champagne for the bridesmaids dresses:


Her bouquet would also be light, with just a little hint of a dark burgandy:


The bridesmaids would carry bouquets to match the burgandy:


The aisle would be lined with burgandy petals and flowers, and they would also be used at the cocktail hour that would follow, in these centerpieces:


That is how I invision my sisters wedding. My inspiration for her without the board!

Do you have trouble with inspiration boards? Do you invision other peoples weddings too?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! You know me too well, Rosie! You are right on the location, the dress, the bridesmaid dresses, the flowers and colors. And the lights! If I ever get engaged (lol), I'll be sure to hire you as a planner! :) I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee! Glad you love it! Its exactly how I see you getting married! :)

    ReplyDelete