Friday, March 19, 2010

Pretty & Functional

I finally decided on what to do for centerpieces. And after talking to a lady I work with, I have come up with a neat way to fancy them up, and a great way to keep our flowers moist. Let me introduce, Deco Beads!


They are these weird little gel dot things that you put in the bottom of your vase (mason jar), add water, wait, and they swell up absorbing all the water! They come in beads and cubes, and a bunch of colors


You can put candles or flowers or whatever you want in them, and they keep them moist, and in the possition you want.


So, I think I am going to get some purple cubes and clear beads for our centerpieces. I want to put about 3 or 4 white carnations around the edges, and have the purple orchids in the middle. These are such a neat way to add a little something to our centerpieces that not many people have seen before. Not only are they pretty, they are functional too! Thanks for the help coworker! :)

Have you found anything really neat along the way of your wedding planning?

3 comments:

  1. Those are really cool! If I didn't already have my centerpieces done, that's something that I would have looked into also.

    For pretty & functional favors, wedding favor bookmarks are starting to pick up some momentum (I hope, as I push it along LOL). They make elegant keepsakes as favors and are fully customizable to the wedding theme and/or wedding colors. They can also complement other favors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen these, Rosie! And they are crazy to touch! It's a really good idea! It will add a lot of color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I am pretty excited!!! I just hope that they keep the flowers moist enough!!!

    ReplyDelete