Thursday, February 4, 2010

Our Song

It seems to me that many people struggle with what song to do their first dance to. Us? Not so much. We knew before we were even engaged what song we would use. Without a doubt in our minds, we chose Home to You by John Michael Montgomery:

I get up and battle the day
Things don't always go my way
It might rain but that's okay
I get to come home to you

Sometimes life may get me down
And I get tired of getting kicked around
I feel lost in this maddening crowd
But I get to come home to you

You are my best friend
And you are where my heart is
And I know at the day's end
I get to come home to you

Hanging out in our old sweatshirts
You let me complain about a hard day's work
I don't know what I did to deserve
To get to come home to you

You are my best friend
And you are where my heart is
And I know at the day's end
I get to come home to you

You are my best friend
And you are where my heart is
And I know at the day's end
I get to come home to you

Yes I get to come home to you
Oh I love coming home to you

The reason we chose this song? It fits us perfect. It is how we feel about each other. No matter what life throws our way, we will  always have each other to come home too. I can honestly say that MS is my best friend, and I am his, and I love knowing that it doesn't matter what happens during the day, he will be at home waiting for me, ready to make me happy.

Also, when MS and I were first together, we went to the concert at our fair, and guess who was playing. John Michael Montgomery! (It was awesome and we had so much fun!!!)


(Pic of us at the concert *taken by me*)

So when it comes time for us to dance our first dance as husband and wife, it will be to this song. And we will know, that everyday, for the rest of our lives, we will get to come home to our best friend.

What is your first dance song? What made you choose that song?

2 comments:

  1. Aww.... That is so sweet, Rosie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet... Awww!!!
    Our first dance is going to be "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds. I honestly didn't want to use this as our first dance. But when J and I were dating, he would tell me all the time that that was the song that we would dance to. I still wasn't for it until we sat down together and really listened to it. My heart just melted... it was perfect. Both of us were teary eyed and laughing at the same time. I just love it. I can't wait to dance with him to that <3

    ReplyDelete