Thursday, February 11, 2010

Centerpieces

These are going to be another DIY project that I attempt to tackle (of course with the help of my BMs and moms!). Originally, we were just going to get some vases, any shape and size, put about 3 white carnations in them, and tie a ribbon in our wedding colors around the vase. Then we thought about doing picuture frames on each table with some sort of flower thing behind them. But, my newest idea (OK, not really my idea, but one BM D showed me), and the one we are going to go with is this:



How beautiful are these? I love the floating candles! Since the flowers we are using are white carnations and purple Calla Lilies, we are going to submerge the Calla Lilies. One per vase, with a floating candle on top. I think we will use the white stones in the base too. Lucky for us, our local Dollar Tree sells the stones and floating candles, so this project should be realatively cheap! Now we just need to find the vases...

What are doing for your centerpieces? Are you making them youself?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that!!! Heck yeah!!!
    We're making our centerpieces ourself as well... we're doing old picture frames with a mason jar in the middle. Then around the base of the jar we're going to put spanish moss to cover up the space between the jar and the frame. Then in the spanish moss, we'll put a few purple daisies and call it good! Oh and a candle in the mason jar, too ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these (I have a thing for submerged centerpieces lol!!) Make sure you have glass marbles in the bottom or a weight of some sort to hold them down, or else they will float up up and away lol!!

    ReplyDelete