Saturday, February 13, 2010

I Love to Hate

Valentine's day. Yep. I love hating it. It sounds weird but I really do. I am one of those people that think that Valentine's day is an overrated holiday thought up by some girl to get her man to tell her that how much he loves her. Rough huh?! But think about it.

Why should there be ONE day a year that guys are supposed to buy chocolates and flowers and confess their love to a girl? There is so much pressure put on around Valentine's day. How can that be special? I would rather my man tell me how much he loves me and buy me flowers randomly throughout the year when it is a real surprise, not when he is "forced" to do it.



And what about the people don't have someone? They just feel depressed! Everyone is getting flowers sent to them at work and talking about their plans for the big day, and those lonely people just have to sit and listen. 


 

Maybe one of the reasons I love hating Valentine's day is because I have been that lonely person. I have also been that person, who has someone, but that someone seemed to forget what the reason for the day was. I have a good man now though, but I'm past the hype of Valentine's day. So, instead of buying flowers and chocolate and confessing our never ending love (we will do that at our wedding), we will be throwing an Elmo birthday party for my now 2-year-old son! Yes, we will tell each other that we love each other, and we will kiss, and I will give him a card, but (other than the card) that is the same thing we do everyday. So nothing that special for a "special" day.

Do you love hating Valentine's day? Do you actually love it? What are your Valentine's plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment