Tuesday, February 23, 2010

All Dressed Up

I talked earlier about rehearsal dresses here. I honestly didn't think that I would wear a dress for this. I figured jeans or shorts and cute top. We are having a BBQ on the lawn at the in-laws house, so I didn't want to wear anything too dressy. But, after some browsing, I have decided that yes, I will wear a casual dress, and pair it with my cowboy boots. I hit up one of my favorite stores online, Victorias Secret, and narrowed it down to these 3 favorites.

Dress 1: Simple and cute. Love the color and pattern. Plus, it looks super comfy and relaxed!


Dress 2: I have been drooling over this dress for at least a year now, but never knew what I would wear it for, and now I would have a reason!!! It is so gorgeous and I love EVERYTHING about it.


Dress 3: Love how fun it is. The color is bright and cheery. I like that I would be able to wear a regular bra too, especially since the next day I will be all sucked up into my wedding dress!



So which dress did I choose?

I'll be honest. I wanted dress #2 the most. But, I had to use my rational side and look at the pros and cons of all the dresses.

Dress #1 seems too much like a beach cover up. Maybe a little too casual for any type of event (unless it is to go to the lake).

While dress #2 is absolutely stunning, and I have wanted it for so long, but I would probably only wear if for the one night. I just can't justify spending that much money on a dress I won't wear again.

So, I decided to purchase dress #3. It is fun and cute and dressed up a little, but not too much. I could also wear it to work or just around town. Another plus of this dress, it is the cheapest of all 3! In fact, it was cheap enough that I caved in and bought myself ANOTHER pair of cowboy boots! So picture this dress paired with these:


Do you think I made the right choice? Which dress would you have gone with?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE both the dress AND the boots! I agree... #3 is more wearable to all kinds of occasions. Plus, you get to wear a bra with straps! And you know how I feel about that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fact that I can wear a bra! :)

    ReplyDelete