Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Never Ending... List

Last night, MS and I sat down and decided to finalize our guest list, for the last time. When we first started talking about who we were going to invite, I (being my OCD self) made a spreadsheet and put some formulas in to count up the total number of people. Well, my computer has decided it hates me (again) and I can't type in my spreadsheet anymore, so we had to pull out the trustworthy pen and paper.


In our original "budget" and plan we wanted to top our guest list at about 110, hoping that some wouldn't come and we could keep the attendance to 100 at the most. Well, for those of you that have ever made a guest list, you know that your plans don't always happen! After talking to our parents, and combining all of our lists, we are hoping to cap the guests at 150! Quite a bit more than what we originally had hoped for. But what I don't understand is where all the people are coming from!



Of course we have our family and relatives, and close friends that were the first on our guest list. But then we start thinking, Oh him, we have to invite him because he has known me since I was born and is good friends with my parents and soon after that its Well, she is my mom's friend's sister's daughter. I used to play in the sandbox with her. Our guest list just keeps growing and growing! We don't know when to stop and who not to invite. Does the little kid down the road you that you once ate worms with really have to come? Even though you grew up with them but haven't seen them in years, are you supposed to invite them?

We decided (like we did once already) that our guest list HAS to stop at 150, no matter what. If we think of someone else later, sorry, but you must not have been that important that we didn't think of you sooner. But at the rate we are going, our guest list will soon be well into the 200's, double our original desired amount!

Did you find that you were inviting people you didn't really know because you thought you had to? Were you able to keep you guests down to your first desired amount?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, we're dealing with the same stuff! Our venue will host 200 comfortably, but would max out at 300. So we're trying to keep it around the 200 range. Yeah, right... Our guest list is now a whopping 320 people! And that's WITH cutting people out. But I feel bad if I invite one person and not the other, you know? So, they're staying on the list. Whoever comes, comes... we're hoping it'll be under 250, and with J's friends and family being from here, we're thinking a lot of his friends won't come so there's that. But it's hard cutting down the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really hard! I'm hoping that some won't come too. Is that bad?!

    ReplyDelete