Friday, January 22, 2010

Work, Work, All Week Long...

... Punchin' that clock from dusk til dawn... I don't know if you know that song by Alan Jackson or not, but it seems to be my theme song these days. At least the work, work, all week long part, except I continue into the weekend. Seems to be never ending.




I get up in the morning, race around the house, get my son ready, and head out the door. I zoom to daycare (all the while I hear "whoa mom, whoa!" and "weeeee!" coming from the backseat), and then fly off to work, were I am all day long. When my work day is done, I head off to start my school day, after which I run home to make some dinner, wrestle the little one into the tub, read him some stories, rock for about 10 minutes, then lay him in bed. Once he falls asleep you would think that I would get some relaxation time, but it never seems to work like that. I have to clean up the trail of toys throughout the house and get some study time in. Of course MS needs some attention too, so I pencil him in right before bed, or while we are laying in bed... ;)

Going to school while trying to raise a 2-year-old and work full time is enough to make anyone exhausted. And exhausted I am, but I can't quit there. I have a wedding to plan!!! The only problem I seem to be having is that I have all these great ideas and DIY projects I want to *attempt*, but I'm not sure when I will get the time!

Since we are almost done building our first house (!!!!), I'm hoping that I will be able to sneak away from the madness in the evenings for an hour (maybe pawn bathtime off on MS?), and lock myself in my new craft room and tackle some of these projects. I would tell you what those projects are, but what's the fun of that?! Maybe this way you will come back to see what they are (and if I ever get them done)!

Do you feel like you work, work, all week (and weekend) long? How do you find time to do the things you want? Are you getting you wedding projects all completed?

No comments:

Post a Comment