Tuesday, January 19, 2010

No Pain, No Gain... or Loss

Like most brides-to-be, I want to look sexy and skinny and hot in my wedding dress. So, I decided to take up working out. Off to the store I went to buy the videos (with motivating titles that make it sound like fun), dug out my old sports bras and gym shorts, and headed to the living room. I was all set to get the hot body I had pictured in my head.



After I had my son, I knew that I had to lose my baby weight. I was a single mom, hoping to some day get back into dating, and new it would up my chances of finding a man if I still didn't look pregnant. Well, baby weight drops fast! I didn't even do anything! Granted I was super stressed with having to move back into my parents' house, feeling alone and like I would always be that way, and getting up 3 times a night, so my appetite took a hike for awhile. The pounds dropped and I got back to pre-baby weight. I should be happy with that right? Well, I'm not! I want to lose about 10 more pounds now before our big day. So I set my mind to do it. Popped the video into the DVD player and got ready to jump around a bit, throw a few punches and kicks in the air, and look awesome afterwards.

About 15 minutes into my 40 minute workout, I was dying. My legs felt like led, my heart about to burst out of my chest, lungs on fire, arms dead weight hanging by my sides, and I even got that watery mouth that you get before you throw up. So, I started thinking. Why is it that once we get that ring on our finger, we feel like we have to suddenly change the way we look?

Didn't your man love you and propose to you? He didn't propose hoping that by doing so you would suddenly start eating better, working out, and turn into some hot super model. Granted it would make me feel a lot better to slim down, wedding or no wedding, but shouldn't I be happy that I found someone who loves me, and all of me (even if there is a little extra)?

Maybe I am just trying to make myself feel better while I sit here watching the rest of the workout video. I just get so discourage so quickly. Does anybody else feel or get this way? What do you do to workout and keep working out? (And not throw up while doing so?)

No comments:

Post a Comment