Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Guest Book

I am not sure what to do about the guest book. I have always thought that I would do the picture mat that people sign, then it could be displayed in our house and we could see it all the time.



But I wasn't completely sold on this idea. I do like the look of it, but we would have way more than just the 12 signatures that are on this mat! And with that many signatures, it might start to look crowded and overwhelming. Thats when I saw this awsome idea:



Have guests sign wine bottles! And the best part of it all? My uncle makes lights out of wine bottles, much like this:




So, I could have my uncle make a couple of these gorgeous wine bottle lights, and set them out for our guests to sign. After the ceremony, we could place these bottles around our reception site (maybe on the head table or on the cake table?) and have them all lit up. We would be able to use them as lights in our house too, so then we would always be able to look back on them and see all the signatures.

I love the idea of having a "different" type of guest book. What are your thoughts? Did you do something different for your guest book? What?


1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea! And I am going to steal it one day! :)

    ReplyDelete