Monday, April 12, 2010

Tie It Together

My BM H/future sis-in-law had high school rodeo this weekend. She participates in poles and barrel racing, and is really good and fun to watch! So, we spent the entire weekend sitting at the arena watching her, and all the other high schoolers rodeo it up. For the 20 seconds she was out there, it was fun, but for the other hours of the other kids doing their thing, not so much.

But, it was senior day on Sunday, and, since she is a senior, she got to walk out into the middle of the arena with her parents and get introduced. Well, stupid me forgot our camera, so I didn't get any pictures. I did take some on my future mom-in law's camera though, but they didn't turn out. The lighting isn't good, and there is so much dust in the air that's all the camera picks up (so, not a good place to get married!).

As part of the walking out though, they had bouquets of flowers for the seniors to give their moms. Of course, I didn't take a picture of that either, but I did get a picture (on my phone) of how they were wrapped.

Pic by me!

Because of all the down time during the day, I started brainstorming wedding things, and thought these would be the perfect way to tie our bouquets. I love it! It is simple, seems easy to do, and keeps it country. Since our colors are purple though, I am going to buy a bunch of purple bandanas instead of red.


I'm thinking for my bouquet and MS's boutonniere, we will use the purple as the base and tie with the gunny sack, just to switch things up a little!

How are you wrapping your flowers? Have you seen any neat and different ways to do it?

1 comment: