Wednesday, December 16, 2009

An Exciting Week!

This has been quite the exciting week already for us! First of all, on Monday, we went and met with our realtor, looked at a model home for us to have built, and talked to the builder. After sitting and talking to our realtor for a while, we did some paper work and put in an offer!



My parents were watching baby HS while we were doing the stuff with the house, so we headed over to their house when we were done. We walked in the door, and sitting on the chair was a box, a big box, addressed to me. My dad had seen it at the post office and brought it home for me, and inside, was my dress!!! It came!!! My mom and I went into her bedroom and pulled it out. I "quickly" put it on, then had to wait for the longest 10 minutes of my life for my mom to get the back laced up! It actually fit pretty well too. I was nervous because it is a couple sizes bigger than what I am normally, but from what I hear, seamstresses can do wonders! So it will need some alterations to fit absolutely perfect, but its already close. The folds down the skirt are so beautiful and elegant, and there is beading all down along those folds, as well as across the top. I'm not normally a big fan of lots of beading, but this still looks so simple and elegant to me. I absolutely love it.




My dress alone would have made my week, month, even year, but to add a little icing to the cake, the next day, the builder accepted our offer! We will meet with him right after Christmas so he can show us our property lines (1.25 acres!!!), and we will decide where we want our house to sit and how. Then the building begins! We will be able to close on it March 24, 2010 and start moving in. It is so exciting to know that we will get to own our very own first home!

No comments:

Post a Comment