Thursday, December 30, 2010

Cocktail Hour

Because MS and I did not want to see each other before the wedding, we had to do our pictures after the ceremony. We didn't want our guests to have to stand around and watch us (that's a little uncomfortable), so we decided to host a cocktail hour. We served margarita's (my fave) out of a margarita machine (regular and huckleberry!), and decided to add another little touch of us by serving popcorn! MS and I LOVE popcorn! So we had our venue rent a popcorn machine, and I went hunting for containers. That was not an easy task.

Our budget did not allow for all the cute and fancy popcorn containers, and I had almost given up on the idea of an actual popcorn container and was just going to use bags or something random, when I took a little trip to Wal-Mart.

I found the PERFECT container, and they were super cheap!  (Sorry I didn't take a picture of them plain!) I bought everyone that the store had and headed home to make them personalized. My MOH A came over to help me.

MOH A working hard!
We got purple and silver permanent markers and wrote on the containers ourselves. We thought about buying personalized stickers to put on them, but that was getting really spendy! So, it might not have been the most professional, but it was personalized, inexpensive, and I think pretty cute!

On one side we put an "S" in one color, and on the other side, in the other color, we put the date. This is how they turned out.



We had tried many different ways to put the "S", including doing our monogram, but because of the coating on the box, the markers started smearing. So doing just a plain "S" was the easiest.

Our popcorn machine was a hit!

Isn't it cute?!

My grandparents enjoying some popcorn!
What "you" touches did you add to your cocktail hour?

No comments:

Post a Comment